Barron or Jr. Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Elliott

Hi,

I noticed the Barron and Jr. Gent sure do look a like. My supplier for Barron is $3 more though. So is there a quality difference? Can anyone that has used both comment on this?

If quality is the same I think I will just switch to the Jr. Gent for the future.

Thanks,
Elliott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rherrell

The JG is a little bigger and fancier, IMO, which is why I think it's a better deal. I do like the Barons for closed ends though because you have alot of options with the 3 piece centerband. Quality is fine for both.

jskeen

I tend to prefer the Jr. Gent because;

the finial is larger, easier to put on a custom turned one to match the materials.

The center band can be separated to add a custom centerband, just a little more difficult ( i use a 9/16 open end wrench to drive off the center band)

clip has a little more clearance between the body of the cap and the inside of the clip, more room for detailing or to shape the cap.

I don't like the black threads on the baron as well as I do the matching ones on the Jr. Gent. (threads on the 10k gent are black too though) I hear the black tends to wear off.

Tubes turned for a Jr gent can be easily swapped onto a jr statesman, jr retro and (possibly) a jr emperor (I haven't verified that personally). the baron swaps with the sedona.

The JG comes in the non posting version. Everybody says it doesn't sell as well, but I personally think it looks much better than the threaded tailcap.

Elliott

Thank for the feedback. I guess I will switch brands and save a few $.

How is the plating on the Jr. Gent?

Thanks,
Elliott

Top Bottom