Barrel trimmer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnGreco

Joe, I have just gone through this very process trying to figure out the cause for my apparently junk barrel trimmer. Got one from Bear Tooth Woods and couldn't be happier! My old one had wobble in each of the pilots, the new one from BTW runs smooth and true, nice and sharp. GL!

BULLWINKLE

I use a carbide tipped cutter from PSI on a drill press. Doesn't need to be sharpened as much but very aggressive cutter. You need to use with very little pressure, especially on resins, or blank shatters. :biggrin::biggrin:

jasontg99

The best one in my opinion is from timberbits.com. It is a 6 head trimmer vice a 4 head. Much smoother and lasts longer between sharpening.
Any Idea if that would fit the Whiteside shafts?

Whiteside has a nice assortment of shafts and a six-cutter head sounds sweet.

Sorry, unfortunately I don't know. I am interested in the carbide cutter mentioned above.

dplloyd

I use a carbide tipped cutter from PSI on a drill press. Doesn't need to be sharpened as much but very aggressive cutter. You need to use with very little pressure, especially on resins, or blank shatters. :biggrin::biggrin:

X'2 on what Bullwinkle said. The PSI carbide will dig in quickly! Use a very light touch.

I'm liking the six head. Have not known they were out there. I'm gonna try one out.

CHEERS!:beer::beer::biggrin:

Top Bottom