Barons/Navigators vs Jr Gents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickstef

Hi Folks,

I am curious about this, did a search, was not satisfied with the results coming back.

I have turned a few Barons/Navigators/Sedonas now, and in my last CSUSA order I had the Jr Gent black tubes, matched up the tubes from a Baron kit, and noticed that the Jr Gents tubes are wider, and longer than the Baron tubes.

Is this on purpose? or were the tubes playing tricks on my eyes?

I was hoping some commonality amongst the kits, and not have to buy a new set of bushings or drill bits.

Please bust or confirm or make plausible the myth that I have in my mind.

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I see a new set of bushings and drill bits in your future as the Jr.'s and the Baron/Navagator/Sedona use diff. bushings. About the only commonality on kits is that there is no commonality.

Woodlvr

Yes you will need a separate set of bushings and drill bits for the Jr. Gents. Look at the instructions on CSUSA and they will list the drill bits needed, if it is up to date.

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/woodturners/Images/pdfs/jr_gentlemens_statesman2.pdf

I hope that this helps.

Mike

rickstef

well that is what I figured, at least I don't have buy a separate set if I want to do a Jr. Retro too, according to CSUSA they both use the same bushings, tubes and bits.

Sheeesh

Rifleman1776

Welcome to the real world of penturning. Every time you buy something new, you have to buy 'things' that go with it. The kits you mention are different by deliberate design. [}:)] First you spend, spend, spend. Then, if you have enough money left to pay the electric bill, you might get to turn something. [:p]

rickstef

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
Then, if you have enough money left to pay the electric bill, you might get to turn something. [:p]

I don't have to worry about that, the lathe I use is at my parents, they pay that bill[:D][:p][}:)][;)]

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom