Barons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

I ordered my first Baron kits (along with many other things!) from BB yesterday. Any tips I need to know turning these? Anything I need to watch for so I don't make a mistake?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

I posted something on this elsewhere a couple weeks ago stating problems (misteaks [:I] ) I encountered with my first one. The instructions do not remind you to install the little black band, watch for that. That's in item 'B'. It can be a big help to have a picture of a finished pen in front of you. Capture one from this group somewhere. After the first one it's really simple.

Originally posted by coach
<br />I ordered my first Baron kits (along with many other things!) from BB yesterday. Any tips I need to know turning these? Anything I need to watch for so I don't make a mistake?

Rudy Vey

I think the Baron is one of the easy to make kits, straight barrels, identical threads for nib side and end (posting) side. The big advantage is, and that is my opinion only, the number of platings it is available in (Platinum, Chrome, Sterling Silver, Titanium Gold, Black Titanium, Upgrade Gold and Satin Nickel) - this are seven (!) different platings - amazing. Cost-wise they are not too bad, too. I had not have a problem with them. You an see two Barons, one in Titanium metal with Black titanium hardware and stabilized, wormy maple with Titanium Gold hardware in my album. I attach the Titanium one here only, since I cannot scroll down to the other one in my uploaded files.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
20052619561_IMG_0411%20resized.jpg
<br />

darbytee

I'll echo what Frank said. Read the instructions closely when you do the assembly (lots of parts). The baron has turned into my favorite kit, I just need to figure out how to turn one as nice as Rudy's titanium one.

driften

Its a great kit. Again when doing the center band don't forget the black plastic part with the threads! Its really a simple one to turn and put together if you follow the directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom