Baron vs Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Turned my first Jr Gent ballpoint and pencil set last night. When I got them put together, I couldn't help but notice the similarities between the Jr Gent and the Baron. Does any one know if these are the same pen? If not, what are the subtle differences?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Other than the obvious differences in the appearance of the fittings fittings and number of available platings, the Jr. Gent (Version 1) has a tapered lower barrel while the Baron has a straight lower barrel. They also come with different standard refills for the rollerball (Hauser vs Schmidt). The Jr. Gent (Version 1) fountain pen does not include a piston pump as a standard item but the Baron does.

TheHeretic

I have only done a couple of each and I like the Baron a lot better. Dont know exactly why but the seem to be better to me.

Dean
Columbus OH

wayneis

Although I like the Jr. Gentleman kits and done more than my share of them I tend to lean towards the Baron now because of the different finishes that they are offered in.

Wayne

Dario

I love the Baron too but don't like the skinnier metal writing part. Having it hexagonal made a difference in size. Other features that I love about it are price and finish choice.

That said...I still prefer Jr Gent over the Baron. The (Schmidt) refill on the baron is also better IMHO. Major turn off is the price.

chigdon

They are both excellent kits. One of the main reasons I use Barons so much more is I think the chrome finish versus platinum is such a good value. You get a truly top notch pen for what Woodcraft sells cigar pens for.

If Barons had a tapered end as an option that would probably seal the deal on Barons for me.

Another difference not mentioned is the upgraded version of the Jr. Gents offered in the Jr. Statesman.

Rudy Vey

The Baron. Why, as Wayne said more options of plating (my favourite is the black Ti) and there was or still is quite a problem with the threads of the Gents Jr. Since I made only Gents with the cap posting option, the lack of a tapered end for the Baron is not problem for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom