Baron vs. Gentlemen's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

Can someone comment on the similarities and differences between the Baron and the Gent?? I've seen pictures of both and they look very close. According to the specs, the Baron takes a smaller drill..... does that mean it is a slightly smaller pen?? I see that the rollerball nib is faceted which is probably a nice feature in person. And, of course, it is several dollars cheaper. Any other significant differences?? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

There is no option for the end cap. Only cap that can be purchsed is the threaded cap to allow you to post the cap.

The bushings are for a straight cut on the pen barrel, the Jr's are slightly slanted.

Baron comes in more pieces and more gags.

Baron comes in more finish options, and the fountain is a two tone nib.

Randy_

Originally posted by penworks<br />.....Only cap that can be purchsed is the threaded cap to allow you to post the cap......Baron comes in more pieces and more gags......

Thanks, Anthony!! What is your experience as to people's preference for posted or unposted caps???

"GAGS"......typo or a new pen term that I don't recognize??

And speaking of finishes, the Baron comes in titanium and platinum. They must look very similar.....can you describe the difference??

PenWorks

I think it is personal taiste. I like the looks of the unthreaded cap, like the Statesman Jr. But I sell 75% of them when the cap can post. It is a small enough pen, to where it is not uncomfortable if you post the cap.

Titianium is Black Ti & Gold Ti, Platinum is sliver or chrome looking, although he is stocking a chrome finish which I have not seen. The Black Ti is really good looking. Some in my album under medium pens.

Anthony

Gary

The pure metal titanium is silver to dark gray. The Black Titanium pen hardware is made from titanium oxide. The Gold Titanium pen hardware is produced by a plating process where titanium nitride matched to the color of gold is used with 24k gold to make a harder plating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom