Baron vs Gent pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeatherA

Hello, I was wondering about the Baron pen kit. I have read that it is only sold by Arizona Silouette but who makes it? What is the difference between the baron and the Gentlemen's kit from Craft Supply? Is the Baron the size of the Gent or the Gent Jr? Any difference in how you make them? I have never seen any of them in person and my husband wants one of that type of pen. Also, does the rollerball and the FP take the same bushings?

Thanks,
Heather

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

The Baron is made by Berea and also sold by Woodcraft as the Navigator, although nearly twice as expensive there. It uses the same tubes as the Jr Gent version 1, but different bushings. The caps are the same, but the body of the JrG has a slight taper where the Baron is straight. The decision to make RB or FP can be made after it is turned (or even after it is assembled, just swap out the nib section).

Mikey

The Gentlemens pen is a full size pen and is twice the size of a Baron. The Jr Gent pen is about the same size, but with the Version II coming out, it is actually a slight bit bigger, which IMO makes it stand out against the smaller pens we all make.

Fangar

The Jr. Gent version II is also available with a tapered end cap (Non posting) and a standard end cap like the baron.

Fangar

Dario

Baron have much more plating options. I like both but prefer the Jr Gents over Baron due to the nib section...the faceted design on Baron makes it a bit smaller still and that is my only complain.

chigdon

They are both great kits. I make more Barons as most of my pens are chrome. The platinum Barons and the Platinum Jr Gents are about the same price. The Chrome plating is almost imposible to tell the difference, very durable, and almost half the price of the platinum therefore I turn mostly Barons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom