Baron/Statesman Jr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JBeck

Can someone tell me if the Baron and Statesman Jr are the same kit under different names. If they are different, who sells the Baron at the best price? Thanks.

John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
S

spiritwoodturner

The Jr. Statesman is a much higher-end kit. It's also twice as much. It's a CSUSA Exclusive, so that's the only outlet, but I do love the entire Statesman line. The big one is one of the best balanced and sized and finished kit out there, in my personal opinion.

I like Barons too. Wish Ernie sold 'em.

Dale

JBeck

My mistake, I actually meant to compare the Gentelman's II Jr with the Baron, but it sounds like those are different kits with different bushings as well.

John

Ligget

John there is a little difference in shape too, Baron barrels are both straight but the Jr Gent has a gradual taper from the nib end to the posting end of the lower barrel. The Baron rollerball has a hexagonal grip at the nib, the Jr Gent has a rounded grip.

Last edited:

Russianwolf

the baron has 4 start threading, the Jr's have 3 start threading.

The couplers on the Barons are black enamel coated, the couplers on the low end plated Jr's are black enamel, but the high end plating have matching plating on the couplers.

davinci27

Also Rockler sells the Jr Gent. Woodcraft sales the baron/navigator. The baron/navigators I've received usually come with all the parts disassembled. The center band and the post are pieces that have to be put together. Very handy if you are going to replace any of the parts. A little more work if you just want to make a standard pen

Top Bottom