baron/sedonas not staying closed and kit quality opinion

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dansills

I have been getting some comments lately that a few of the Baron and Sedona kits I have made are not wanting to stay closed when screwing the cap one. Today I had the chance to experience it first hand and well yes .. its like the cap screws on, gets to a point and stops but has no stay closed grip. Any suggestions????:befuddled:

FWIW .. Having used all three main type of roller kits I can officially give my kit input. IMO, the Jr Gents/Retro/Stateman are far superior to barons and majestic jr's. The majestic jr's are okay and definitely my second choice but all that bling! :eek: Also, I wish AZ would make a closed end mandrel for the majestic jr too. These baron/sedona kits just seem to lack the quality of the other two both in durability and heft. They do make a great closed end though ... now just to solve this staying closed problem :confused:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

If you over press the threaded parts into the barrel there is less for the cap to grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have been getting some comments lately that a few of the Baron and Sedona kits I have made are not wanting to stay closed when screwing the cap one. Today I had the chance to experience it first hand and well yes .. its like the cap screws on, gets to a point and stops but has no stay closed grip. Any suggestions????:befuddled:

FWIW .. Having used all three main type of roller kits I can officially give my kit input. IMO, the Jr Gents/Retro/Stateman are far superior to barons and majestic jr's. The majestic jr's are okay and definitely my second choice but all that bling! :eek: Also, I wish AZ would make a closed end mandrel for the majestic jr too. These baron/sedona kits just seem to lack the quality of the other two both in durability and heft. They do make a great closed end though ... now just to solve this staying closed problem :confused:

Send me your email address and I will reply with a tutorial on how to make a closed end with a normal mandrel. It's the demo I gave at MPG, lots of pictures.

jnette

I had this on a Junior Gent too and I put a very small black "o" ring where the threads and blank meet. The little bit of pressure kept the cap tight and happy customer. Should not have to do that but beats taking the pen back and refunding the customer.

dansills

I had this on a Junior Gent too and I put a very small black "o" ring where the threads and blank meet. The little bit of pressure kept the cap tight and happy customer. Should not have to do that but beats taking the pen back and refunding the customer.

I like he o ring idea. Just one from home store or I'd you find a special one?

dansills

If you over press the threaded parts into the barrel there is less for the cap to grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

I'm confused I guess .. I wasn't aware you could over press on a Sedona?? They only goin so far and are stopped by the coupler and centerband

Top Bottom