Baron and Sedona kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StuartCovey

Hey Guys,
I'm wondering if the Baron and Sedona Fountain pen kits will accept a 6mm Nib?

Also does any one know if the Churchill fountain is postable? In the pictures they show the cap on the back end but there are no threads on it.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

The 2 churchills that I have are not thread postable but the cap does press into the end making it postable. The baron series to my understanding will not take the 6mm nib as it's to large for the frame.

StuartCovey

The 2 churchills that I have are not thread postable but the cap does press into the end making it postable. The baron series to my understanding will not take the 6mm nib as it's to large for the frame.

Will the Churchill receive a 6mm nib?

shortz1lla

Will the Churchill receive a 6mm nib?

From what I've read, yes. El Grande, Churchill, Cambridge, Roman Harvest, Gent, Statesman, Majestic, pretty much all the full-size large pens take a 6mm nib.

I don't think the Sedona or the Baron take a #6 nib. The #6 is used in the large pens of todays standards. Like the Majestic or the Sr. Gent as they are called I think on Timberbits. Even the Jr. Gent 2's use a #5..

PenMan1

Churchill, El Grande, Cambridge all use a 6mm nib and use 10mmx1 section threading making them all interchangeable.

Triton, Atax, Baron, Sedona, Navigator, Electra, New Series and MOST OTHER Berea component sets use 5mm nibs and have the same front section threads. I'm not in the shop tonight, but if I'm remembering correctly the thread size is 6.4mm x .5(I MAY be wrong on that size).

PenMan1

And Churchill, El G and Cambridge are friction post similar to Timberbits Roman Harvest and Spring Blossom (which also use 6mm nibs on 10mmx1 front section threads).

Except for Roman Harvest's TN Gold plating not matching Berea's gold, the Timberbits sections are interchangeable with the 6mm Berea pen sets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom