Baron Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

I have a probem with a baron that I just made..the threads seem to be stripped out so you cannot screw the cap back on.. This pen has only been uncapped a few times..Is this a comon problem? The threads never seemed that great to begin with..Is there a fix?..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think if you check, you'll find that the black insert which you placed on the centerband has come loose and moved deeper into the cap. To fix it, remove the cap/clip assembly, then find a punch which will just fit into the tube, but big enough to push the insert back in place. Before pushing it back, put a VERY SMALL amount of CA in the tube just in front of it so that when you push it home, it will be glued in. Then re-install the cap/clip, and you're all set.

mrcook4570

On all pens with threads, I glue the components in place. If you use CA, make sure you leave the ends open for at least 24hrs afterwards.

splinter99

The threaded insert seems to still be in place..I can see where the first thread broke off..(a sliver of it fell out of the cap) but I will take it apart and see if I can push it in further

martyb

I've found the baron threads on the black insert rather "sensative" to angled pressure when pressing into the tube. I've had a couple crack as you've seen. If the first thread is cracked, then there's a pretty good chance that another thread is cracked further down. That happens, it's toast.

Dawson

I just experienced a similar problem. The customer stated that something fell out of the lower end of the top. When I examined the pen, the bottom would not engage the top. I attempted to remove the black plastic part but ended up destroying the top part of the Baron. I could not remove the remaining part of the black plastic insert. Is this something that happens often to Barons?

Mikey

I always give the pen a counter clockwise half twist to align the threads so that the clockwise motion does not strip the threads. Never had a problem yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom