Baron nib problem...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hayseedboy

Hey All,

Have any of you had problems with the nib end of a rollerball version getting a white filmy mess on it? This has happened to two of them I have assembled. Chrome finish seems to tarnish almost after a month or so. Odd... hasn't gotten wet or had any heat exposure to speak of. The wife carried one in her purse and I have kept one in a folio in the house.

Any help?

Don't have a good way to post a pic...

Thanks!
lr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Yep, sure sounds like the super glue, I've had it happen to me several times in the past until I figured out what was causing it. Now when I finish a pen I leave the cap off for at least a day or two before screwing it on.

randyrls

Originally posted by Texatdurango

Yep, sure sounds like the super glue, I've had it happen to me several times in the past until I figured out what was causing it. Now when I finish a pen I leave the cap off for at least a day or two before screwing it on.

Try denatured alcohol to clean off the "fog". I ran into this once and this removed most of the white...

Hayseedboy

Thanks Guys! This all makes perfect sense. Have made a couple that didn't need the cap glued but these two did.

Wow! What quick help :) love it!

lr

Top Bottom