Baron, Jrgent question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

howdy all...

Is the baron the same pen as the jr gent ?

the roller ball nib on baron has flat sides and the fountain nib is round right ?

i thought i saw a baron look alike with a round roller ball nib and round fountain nib. did i ? if yes where, if no never mind.

the whole point of this is im looking for a jr statesman size pen with screw on cap.....

thanks....pete

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

The Baron and Jr. Gent are not the same. The new Jr. Gent uses bigger tubes. The Baron rollerball has flat sides on the nib, but the FP has a round nib. The nibs on the Jr. Gent are both round. The Jr. Statesman and Jr. Gent are the same pen, just different fittings. The Baron is basically the same size, just slightly slimmer.

pete00

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Jr Statesman comes in tapered or smooth ends but you can always buy the threaded end cap separately if you want :).

thanks gerry

dario did you mean the Jr Gent ? i see in the catalog we can choose which end cap. But i dont see anything about different caps for the
stateman, or did i miss it .

pete

Dario

Pete,

Yes, with Jr Gents you have the choice of end cap. Jr Statesman only comes with tapered end...BUT you can buy the tapered end cap separately. FYI their end caps are interchangeable.

Dario

You are right Johnathan. Jr. Gents and Jr. Statesman (ver. I) have same tube sizes as Baron. The version II's are bigger.

Dario

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
Originally posted by Dario
<br />You are right Johnathan. Jr. Gents and Jr. Statesman (ver. I) have same tube sizes as Baron. The version II's are bigger.

Is this where I start my weird drill size rant again? [:p][:)]

I know Frank...that is why I bought a drill bit set instead. Buying them piece meal is very expensive and frustrating!!! Since I use Gorilla Glue, the set in 1/64" increments works well to cover even the metric and letter bits. Now I only need to buy sizes over 1/2".

I drilled some blanks for Jr Gent II last night and glued them...in case I find some turning time after my final exams. It will be over (for the semester) by Thursday...YEY!!! [:)].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom