Baron/Jr. Gentleman Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

I like the Baron Kit and the Jr. Gentlemen. Are the 2 kits similar? Currently to date, I have made a bunch of Slimlines, the KC Style of slimlines, and a bunch of Cigars. Is the baron kit still something I should wait to do? Or should I jump into it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Very similar, but some differences. The components on the Jr. Gent are slightly tapered, whereas the Baron's components are the same size. That's within the same piece - the cap has a taper and so does the body.

IMHO, no kit is all that difficult; once you've mastered a slimline, you can do any other kit. The Baron/Jr. Gent make really nice looking pens, and you can get a variety of platings at different prices, so it's worth jumping in. Also, I'd only order one or two of the cheaper platings, and save your money for the good stuff...the cheaper platings just don't last long enough (regardless of the manufacturer or the plating) to make them a good long-term value.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Not wanting to stire anything up, but on the Jr. Gentleman the upper (cap) barrel has the same sized bushings and does not taper. The lower barrel has the slight taper. On the Baron, the cap uses two same-sized bushings, and the lower barrel has two-same sized bushings, so no taper. FYI, the Jr. Gentleman V2 does not have the same dimensions as the Baron. They are very straight-forward and you may even find them easier to turn than slimlines.

Rudy Vey

If you would do a search, you will find that this topic comes up about every month.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12419&SearchTerms=baron

My choice is the Baron. Why, well its available in a wide variety of platings, the the body is straight, there is no threading problem.
Just look into the previous postings here.

wayneis

I like the Baron because of the platings offered but my first choise is the Jr. Gent. The threading problem has been fixed for quite a while now, they work perfect.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom