Baron FP HELP, PLEASE !!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck B

this is for a B Day gift for a co-worker's husband. So I don't want to screw it up. My first time doing a Baron FP.

The Baron is from AZ. I went slow & followed the directions. Now since she won't be giving it to him for a month where do put the ink & what is the screw ink pump for? do I insert it in the pen?
Does it look like it was put together right?

Thanks for your help

Chuck

100_0574.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

Don't "ink" it just yet. The end cap will hold a spare ink refill in it, so place it in the end cap and present the ink pump (screw thingee) outside of the pen. The pump is for bottled ink.

You could buy a bottle of ink to go with it and insert the ink pump in place with out ink in it. This is what I would do in this case if it were me. Those refills do not last long and he should remember using the pen with the bottle. Noodlers ink make a wide selection of colors. Beware, the "bullet proof" inks can be messy on the tip of the nib.

If you think he may use the refills, but a bag of refills for him to, they are cheap to buy and will be a nice touch.

Chuck B

Lee,
I would get a bottle of ink for it if I was giving it as a gift. She gave me exactly what it costs to make. The only pen her hubby uses is FP's. So he should know what to do. I just hope it writes well for him. She wanted a bold tip. I told her I got the one she wanted a medium tip.

Firefyter-emt

Well, if he uses FP's I would insert the ink pump and hang onto the refill. If they ask tell them that you can give them the disposable inks, but assumed that he would have the ink. Or just give him the refill. I would much rather have the pump and put the ink in the pen that way, but that's just me.

arioux

Scott

From the perspective of a fountain pen user, don't insert either the cartridge or the converter. Include them in the box or in a baggie - they need to go with the pen but not inserted in it. Some people like cartridges, and some people like converters. I would not buy a bottle of ink to go with it. If they like to use bottled ink, they likely already have their favorites. If you do want to include some bottled ink, get a good brand of ink (Waterman, Pelikan, Private Reerve, Noodlers, etc.), and stick with a fairly normal color like blue-black.

BTW, it looks like you put it together just fine! Nice work!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom