Baron Disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

emsmith

Anyone have an easy/simple way to disassemble the lower barrel of a baron? I destroyed the last one I tried to take apart :(. I assembled one and have decided that I really don't like the shape all that much. With the cap it looks wasp waisted and if I reverse the orientation it is not that comfortable to write with.

Thanks,

Eric

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Yup,,, had to disassemble one recently... actually was kind of easy once I thought about it...
Take the end cap off and put the rollerball section on it.. then take a wooden dowel and place it in the tube, hold on tight and tap it with a hammer.. the end section will come right out... them put the rollerball section back in place and do it again... worked for me... DO NOT use a metal drift it will mar the rollerball assemble section..

emsmith

Thanks.

I never thought of using the end cap or the roller ball assembly. I was fixated on trying to get something into the tube to tap on the edge of the coupler inside the tube. The previous attempt involve trying to twist the coupler out, and let's just say that didn't work out too well.

Eric

elody21

I use the back end of a 27/64 " drill bit for the top and the back of a 5/16" drill bit for the bottom. These are solely decated to Barron disasembly. I have flatened the ends on the disc sander to have more of a surface to pushe the pieces out. If you leave the end of the drill bit beveled it can wedge in and get stuck Use a hammer to gently tap the piece out. You can get old drill bits at the resale shop sometimes or a yard sale.

200571515332_drillbits.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom