Baron assembly Question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmarc

I am getting ready to do my first Baron. I like to od a dry run assembly before I start putting tubes into wood.
Anyway, when assemblying the nib, there are exposed threads next to the barrel. the cap however, does not appear to have any threads internally. so how does the cap stay on? Does it snap like the executive? what about the exposed threads on the post?

HELP!!![:0][:0][:0]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

lol...VERY common question, and VERY common thing to forget, even among those who have put together a few of these. Not that it's happened to me or anything...

woodmarc

Thanks guys. Got it. I have read and re read the instruction from BB and no where did it mention the coupler. I was beginning to think it was a thread protector. DOH! [:0]

I'll post some pics of the fixed pen later in the week.

Marc

Draken

Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />What Jim said is true and puzzling. That coupler is jinxed. A lot of us forget it sometimes. Dunno why, the instructions seem clear.
ATTN: Nils: Do you have a psychologist on staff? [;)]

The Baron is from AZ, not CSUSA.

Draken

angboy

<br />What Jim said is true and puzzling. That coupler is jinxed. A lot of us forget it sometimes. Dunno why, the instructions seem clear.

If they don't, I'd be happy to volunteer, in exchange for pen kits maybe! [:)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Draken
<br />

The Baron is from AZ, not CSUSA.

Draken

Now you know why I asked for a shrink. [:I] I knew that. [:eek:)]

Dario

One thing I do when I get a new kit is lay all the parts as they will be assembled. You can easily see if all parts are in their proper places.

woodmarc

and that's what I did. I spread out a paper towel on the bench, and lay everything out as it is to be assembled. This way I know in advance if anything missing, and to post my questions to the experts.

Thanks to each of you for your assistance.

Question to Dario. I have searched the message board on doing CE barons, how do I determine the internal
the internal depths and diameters so that everything goes right? Or did I miss the post with the instructions on the how to.

Dario

Not sure why you directed the question to me...never did a CE yet [:D].

Lou's answer is right on...Fangar have all the dimensions...and he sells the pin chuck for it too!!! [;)]

woodmarc

sorry Dario. had some shoulder surgery done today, and I am a little drugged up.

You and bluesman are right, I should have directed the question to Fangar, I buy his pin chuck.

chigdon

I make and have made Barons more than any other kit and have done that more times than I would like to admit. When you are taking the pieces out of the plastic bags make it a habit of inserting the threaded coupler into the center ring while you are getting the pieces ready and before you assemble the pen. If not it is a pretty easy part of the pen to disassemble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom