Baron is also what?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I want to make a Baron but first want to compare offerings from different suppliers. What are the other names for this style kit by various suppliers? [?] And, I recall someone saying one of them had troubles with the threads. I want to avoid that. Which one was it? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TheHeretic

The Baron is exclusive to Bill Baumbeck and Arizona Silhoutte. It is however similiar to the Jr Gentlemans pen from CSUSA.

I havent make any of the Barons yet but have about a dozen on the way. I will only be able to compare it to the three Jr Gents I have made. I personally had no problems at all with the Jr Gents pens.

Dean
Columbus OH

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
When Bill created the Baron, he did so that the thread problems are also gone...
The pen is so similar to the JR Gent that I believe the unthreaded back from one can be used on a Baron if you do not want a threaded posting for the cap...
The other think that Bill did was make sure the platings were better than any of the other kits out there... I have done 3 gold so far and the plating is superb
I also have 4 sterlings to do for a very special project and the sterling silver is absolutely fantastic...

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
A Baron lookalike is now being sold by Woodcraft as the Navigator. (Berea supplies both companies, so I'd be on the lookout for a Berea version soon) As for the threading on the Baron, I've made 20 so far and have not had any issues at all with the threading. It seems MUCH more consistent than the Jr. Gentleman.

wayneis

I still find it difficult to understand why some of you have had trouble with the threads on the Jr. Gents. I have done probably at least fifty of them and maybe more and not had one problem, every one of them has worked fine. On the other hand the first Baron (only the first) that I did I had to play around with the threads for over an hour getting it cleaned out so that the top would screw onto the bottom. From what I could tell it was a problem with the plating.

Wayne

RPM

I have been making Barons. The fit and finish is superb. I have only dealt with the platinum and the black titainium and the plating is great. Also no thread issues.
Richard

BogBean

Frank,
CSUSA has the Gent Jr on sale until Feb 28 if you are a member of Yahoo Penturners. They are at the 100 price 25% off. You will need to go to the Yahoo penturners site and get the discount code. If I broke any rules with this post feel free to remove it....

Rifleman1776

Thanks all for the info. I'll be ordering Barons from BB at Arizona Sil. I got a Baron in one of our exchanges and it is a beautiful pen indeed. None of us like problems, so I'll go with the one known for quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom