Baron / Acrylic Acetate help needed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

akh223

I am working on my 3rd baron kit and am using an Acrylic Acetate blank from BB at Arizona Silhouette. It is the AA-28 blank.

I feel that I will need to paint the tubes yellow or white to minimize the visibility of the brass tube inside the pen.

I did a baron with the red celluloid from CSUSA and painted the tubes red, but that was simple since I had red spray paint available.

So, what color would you paint the tubes? White or Yellow?

Thanks
Andy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

J. Fred Muggs

Andy: Just finished a AA-28 cigar last week. The color is pretty much opaque. Therefore, you don't need to worry about the tube showing unless you'r gonna turn it really thin.

Come over my way tomorrow, I'll show it to you.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Agree with Fred.

AA-X I paint white or silver, I have not turned the AA-01, rest don't need paint. (In my opinion)

If you have a booth at a show, 28 will really draw people in.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Andy, I have gotten into the habit of painting the tubes of all acrylics I do... I just decided that I don't need the "surprises".. [xx(][xx(]
On that blank, I think I would go with yellow, if for no other reason than to brighten the color is there is a thin area... I think that white might cause a marked difference between a thin and thick area.
I also use epoxy on all my painted tubes (actually on all my tubes)... depending on the coloring agent you use, CA might cause a color shift.

Rudy Vey

Definately color all tubes for acrylics/resin pens, you will be happy afterwards - believe me. It does not look too good if the brass shines through it. I use either Sharpie markers or some kind of opaque paint markers (Sanford make), spray paint work well, too. If you do a search you will find enough info on this topic. Also, it depends a lot of the type of kit you are using how thick the acrylic is after turning. I saw here not too long some pens made from fluorescent resin and you could see the brass shining through one of them (Cigar style).

Deere41h

This is a Baron made with AA-28. I did not color the tubes and they do not show thru the Acrylic. In my opinion no color is necessary. But you might want to just to be on the safe side.

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200551223348_100B0042A.jpg
<br />

Scott

I tend to paint the tubes on all acrylics. Some may not need it, but I'd rather not find out which ones! I would suggest yellow. Spray paint is cheap, and dries pretty fast. It's cheap insurance if you ask me! [8D]

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom