Which Bandsaw Blade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

hombre4

I am changing my Bandsaw and adding an extension block. I have the Grizzly G0555 and of course when I purchased the extension I got a blade with it but it is the same as the one that orignally came with the saw and I am not to crazy about how it cuts thicker wood. I want something that cuts faster but at the same time be able to make curves (as in cutting bowl blanks) pretty easy as well. I was looking at the Grizzly Positive Claw 3/8" x .025. Can anyone tell me if there is a better choice out there? Thanks in advance.

Archie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Archie,
Check out http://www.suffolkmachinery.com
They sell Timberwolf blades at a really good price and have an offer for a free blade with the purchase of three. You must call to order. They know what you will need if you tell them what you want to do with it. I have been purchasing blades from them for 3 years now and will not change. Great people, great survice, great blades and great prices.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by hombre4
<br />I am changing my Bandsaw and adding an extension block. I have the Grizzly G0555 and of course when I purchased the extension I got a blade with it but it is the same as the one that orignally came with the saw and I am not to crazy about how it cuts thicker wood. I want something that cuts faster but at the same time be able to make curves (as in cutting bowl blanks) pretty easy as well. I was looking at the Grizzly Positive Claw 3/8" x .025. Can anyone tell me if there is a better choice out there? Thanks in advance.

Archie

Dario

I'll second the Timberwolf blades from SuffolkMachinery. Just use the code 443 to get an extra blade for the purchase of 3 blades. This is a one time offer per customer though. Guess what...my in-laws are customers now, though they don't own a bandsaw wink-wink [;)]

BTW, WoodCraft sells the same blades for almost twice as much [:0]

huntersilver

I agree with Dario stay away from Wood Craft!, too expensive.

But check out WoodCraftbands it is a seperate company and not associated with Wood Craft, best prices on
Lenox blades. For Timberwolf,(an excellent blade) SuffoldMachinery
can't be beat!

Daniel

I have a timberwolf 3/4 inch blade on my grizzly saw. it ahs survived cutting a few hundred railroad tie type pieces of lumber and still going strong. the balde tracks a litle different now than it did when I started but is still sharp.
I woudl also agree with the bi-metal blades, I hate havong to change blades and they are good economy.
as for just what blade you need? there are so many to choose from you almost have to take a course just to understand what you are looking for. telling someone what you need,that already has that knowledge, is the easy way through that problem.
otherwise there is a lot of info on the web that will help you understand what the various teeth will do and what radius you can expect to cut with the various blade sizes. It never hurts to know as much about your equipment as you can. understanding blades can go a long way in trouble shooting problems when they come up.

Rifleman1776

This is a recurring question. The original blade that came with my G0555 was OK, or so I thought. Then I got a Timberwolf 3/8"X6tpi from Suffolk and the difference was amazing. I used this resawing up to the 6" limit of my machine on hard-hardwoods. Then I got a 3/4"X4tpi (hook, I think) from them and the difference was even more amazing. For heavy-duty resawing, I reccomend the 3/4" T'wolf. My other blades are a 3/8"X4tpi, 3/8"X6tpi and a 1/8"Xdunno tpi. I was using the 3/4" for almost everything but found out that the osage orange I was cutting is hard on blades and even soft red cedar has abrasive qualities. So I use it only when necessary and switch to save the biggie for those heavy-duty tasks.

ilikewood

I'll second/third/fourth/fifth that Timberwolf vote. I cut lots of Cocobolo and other dense hard woods....just changed it out for my second one. It took a great deal of time to wear it out.

Randy_

I just have a modest little Craftsman 10" benchtop bandsaw. Bought a couple of Timberwolf blades and they made a world of difference. I also like the customer service. I told them which model saw I had and what type of cutting I would be doing and they gave me the proper blade for my situation.

Norte that Timberwolf blades are made out of a special steel and require different tensioning than many blades. Go to their web site and read the section on tensioning blades.

www.suffolkmachinery.com

hombre4

Thanks everyone. Looks like the Timberwolf is very highly rated around here, so I ordered 3 and got the free one. That brought the price down to just over $15.00 each. Most I had checked on were running from $21.00 to $23.00 each. The 3/8 x 3 was also recommened, so I went with that. Thanks Again.

Archie

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
You can also buy your Timberwolf blades online through http://www.ebandsawblades.com. The name of the company is Suffolk Saw Company and has a different city listed in the contact area but all they sell is Timberwolf. I assume they are related somehow. They will allow you to order online and pay by credit card or Paypal and their prices are a little better then Suffolk Machinery. For example my saw needs a 105" blade so I use the 108" pricing. Ebandsawblades is $19.53 and Suffolk is $20.12 for the 3/8 x 3 tpi AS series. They also have free shipping on orders over $75.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom