Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by onewaywood
<br />I'am Looking for a new bandsaw and would like opinions on various brands

First, I would reccomend you do a search here for previous discussions. This question comes up with some regularity. I have the Grizzly G0555 14" model and would buy it again. Excellent machine and, without a doubt, the best bandsaw value on the market. Others like Delta, etc. But the Grizzly comes with features like roller guides, fence, tension adjust,, etc. that can add up to an extra $500.00 or so with other brands. I know many people with Grizzly bandsaws, this model and larger, all are universally pleased with their products.

Doghouse

Any of your major brand 14" bandsaws work well. You may want to also invest in the riser block as you will want it later for sawing logs. That way you only purchase on set of blades. The HF 14" does have a good rep. The one think to look for is how far your guide blocks are set below the table. This is one of the major factors in determining how much wander will occur when cutting.

alamocdc

Several of us have the 14" HF 32208 (runs about $220 on sale these days) and a few of us have the riser block kit installed. Personally, I love mine. For the money I couldn't buy a better BS. If I were to buy a reasonably priced BS today, I'd probably have to get the Fisch 16". I saw it demoed this spring and was VERY impressed. The cost is less than what you would expect for a saw of this size and it has a 12" resaw capability. http://www.fisch-woodworking.com/ JMO

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I second Frank's recommendation of the Grizzly G0555. Their deal when I got mine a month or so ago was that they included a Timberwolf blade as a bonus. It cuts like a dream! I do have the advantage of living 20 minutes from the Grizzly in Pennsylvania so I don't have to consider shipping.

53Jim

Originally posted by onewaywood
<br />I'am Looking for a new bandsaw and would like opinions on various brands

I, too, was looking for a band saw, but thanks to the little woman (hugs and kisses, dear) we bought a new truck instead.

My question now is this, HOW THE HE** DO I CUT WOOD WITH A TOYOTA????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom