Band Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleabit

Quick question: What type of band saws are being used out there for penturning. I am getting ready to purchase one and just looking for some input.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Never turned a pen on a bandsaw,I use the lathe.[:D]
I do have a 14" Jet for general woodworking that comes in handy for cutting blanks and tubes.

esheffield

I have the 9" Delta. Got it from Lowe's on sale for $67. It's an OK saw, but not great. But I primarily wanted it for use with pen turning and had limited space. Pros - small, cheap, cuts fine WITH A NEW BLADE, OK power (contrary to some reviews I read), and most importantly it does what I need. Cons - horrid blade out of the box, small plastic blade guides, fence not included, and once you buy the fence, it stinks. I'm sure I'll upgrade it eventually when I have the space and money, but there are other tools I that are higher priority right now. Just bought a dust collector and 13" planer for example.

J. Fred Muggs

Delta 14" with riser block and third party 1 H.P. motor and Timberwolf blades. It resaws, cuts bowl blanks up to 12" thick, and much more. It don't even know when it cuts a pen blank, but it does a beautiful job of it.[8D]

tomwojeck

I use the grizzly g0555. I put some timberwolf blades on it and have never had a problem. I haven't resawed on it, but I have used it to cut the curves on some queen anne legs for a table and it performed great. The fence that comes with it is nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom