Bamboo pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Someone posted a while back about getting a bamboo place mat, taking it apart and making a pen from the pieces. Got me thinking. Sooooo, I went out in the backyard and cut a dead stalk from my bamboo and turned this pen. The pict doesn't do it justice. Looks similar to holly or cherry but has very fine light striations in it. Finished it with BLO/CA and polished to 12000 MM. The pieces around the pen are what the blank looked like when I started.

200561215414_Bamboo%20Pen%20001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Neat! I didn't realize Bamboo was so solid all the way through. For some reason, I thought it was relatively hollow. Hmmmm...this gives me some ideas!

jenamison

Jim just be careful which pieces you get because so much of it is hollow. Also be very careful with the sandpaper if you turn some. Sandpaper can be like a skew to that stuff! Have fun though.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Neat! I didn't realize Bamboo was so solid all the way through. For some reason, I thought it was relatively hollow. Hmmmm...this gives me some ideas!
Some is hollow. Depends on the size of the stalk. Even if it has a hole in the middle, it could still be used of the hole is smaller than the tube, then the hole could be used as a piolet hole for the drill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom