Ball Point Refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ryvnd2001

Hello. Which ball point refill inserts work the best for pens that take the "parker" style? I assume that the refills that are included with the kits are marginal. Any suggestions? Also, where is the best place to buy the suggested refills? Happy turning!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

For the Parker style I like the EasyFlow 9000. If you are into gels they work well too. For best price try our website below.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And you will find what I believe are the lowest prices available at Exotics, if you purchase WITH your pen components (kits). We call them "upgrades", available with each pen kit that uses Parker style refills.

omb76

Another vote for the Easy Flow 9000s. I got a couple of "freebies" with an order and never thought a ballpoint cold write so nice! Definitely worth replacing the standard refill that comes with the kit.

Rick1708

Is there a similar refill for a cross-style refill? i.e. for the slims/euros?

Pioneerpens

I have been changing out the standard refills to the Private Reserve~easy flow 9000 and have been getting rave reviews....They really do help to make a sale!!!

alphageek

Former Moderator

There is... I don't think the difference is quite as "extreme" as in the parkers.
And this is a common question, but the answer is you can't find a cross-style that writes like the parker style.

They are private reserve (and both the above vendors do carry them)... They also have the advantage of being either fine or medium. I do think they make the cross pens write better than the ones that come with the pen hardware.

I have purchased several times/items from Indy Pen Dance Inks, Refills, Nibs, Blanks, Brass Ager & Novus.
The Private reserve refills write smoooooth. The one I have been using in my personal pen has gone without a glitch so far. The gel refills that come with the pen kits I buy would stop writing (found that out at a show, half of my pens would not write):eek: So yes it is MORE money you have to put out, but I think it will be worth it as many on here have said.
OH and you cannot beat $1.00 shipping:wink:

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
For the Parker style I like the EasyFlow 9000. If you are into gels they work well too. For best price try our website below.

I have gotten some refills from Mike & Linda and they are great people to deal with. The EasyFlow 9000 is a great replacement/refill!

Good luck!

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
The easy-flow 9000's are the way to go. Also Indy-Pen-Dance has shipping for just $1.00 on every order.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not bad

I've had no complaints about the refills that come witht the kits...but I do like the easyFlow 9000s and offer them as upgrades.

KGPenmaker

There is... I don't think the difference is quite as "extreme" as in the parkers.
And this is a common question, but the answer is you can't find a cross-style that writes like the parker style.

They are private reserve (and both the above vendors do carry them)... They also have the advantage of being either fine or medium. I do think they make the cross pens write better than the ones that come with the pen hardware.

I guess I am the contrarian, here. Never having used the EF 9000, I cannot comment in regard to using that refill, however, I have used genuine Parker refills and genuine Cross refills many times over the years and IMHO, nothing beats a true Cross refill for smoothness when writing. I have seen mention that the Fischer refills for Cross pens are highly recommended, however, I used to use a Fischer space pen back in HS (25+ years ago) and found their refills to be very smooth writing, nearly equivalent to a genuine Cross, however, because the space pen refills were pressurized, I found that every so often a "glob" would come out while writing fast and the ink smeared on my hand. Don't know if the Fischer Cross style refills are pressurized like the old space pens or if they have changed their ink/processes since I last used one of their pens, they may have, but since I am satisfied with genuine Cross refills, I won't risk the frustration.

I am just getting into pen making as a hobby, but if I were to sell any pens that used a Cross style refill, I would use a genuine Cross refill rather than risk my business's reputation.

Not really trying to be the contrarian, but ever since I discovered and started using Cross pens in college, I have never looked back and have never been tempted to use any other kind of refill. This is why I find it puzzling that so many kits are based around the Parker rather than the Cross.

Paul

Top Bottom