Ball point pen quality

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaRed

I have a customer who wants a ball point pen. He presses very hard and a rollerball is not what he likes. I let him write with both types and he was definately wanting a ball point pen. The styles seem to be very limited to typically the european round top or the Parker flat top. I don't make these styles as often as others such as the Baron. I have only purchased the European and the Parker from PSI. Is CSUSA or another vendor a smoother and better quality? I don't get a smooth transmission feel from the PSI pens. Or, are they pretty much the same since they are the lower end pens?

I want to get my customer a higher quality pen but his writing style (presses very hard) limits my options.

Opinions and suggestions wanted.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Of course you can use sierras, very popular now.

But, there is also the Jr. Gent ballpoint. Apart from its "long nose", it's a nice pen.

They all use Parker size refills, so that will affect the writing experience. I believe our new Private Reserve 9000 refill will also help. Nice one millimeter line and consistent, easy flow.

All the above is MY opinion, others are encouraged to have one too!!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
They all use Parker size refills, so that will affect the writing experience. I believe our new Private Reserve 9000 refill will also help. Nice one millimeter line and consistent, easy flow.

All the above is MY opinion, others are encouraged to have one too!!

Well, I'll second it. I ordered 10 of those refills. They came in yesterday and
I tried them out. Suddenly, people want to replace the refills in their pens.
I have two left.

They're worth every cent.

CaRed

These refills will hold up to the hard pressure he is putting on them?

I didn't realize the Sierra pens were ball point. Learned something new.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
These refills will hold up to the hard pressure he is putting on them?

I've got a fairly heavy hand and I block print so people can read it.
(even I can't read my own handwriting half of the time)
It's working fine for me.. but it's only been a day.

DurocShark

Wasn't there a thread about the G2 gels fitting the Jr's recently? The G2 gels are as tough as a ballpoint when used by a heavy hand such as mine.

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
Sounds to me you have a customer for a "Cigar". Same refil, larger diameter, and heavier.

There is nothing wrong with a Cross refill in a SlimLine pen. Make your own center-band and you can make the pen as big as you like. The only diameter restriction is tapering the top to fit the clip, but that can still be close to 1/2" diameter. Buy the StreamLine version for a better looking clip.

Top Bottom