Ball point with cap?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a small display at a craft show/sale today. Had a possible commission request. The guy wants a ball point pen with a screw on cap. All I know of are roller balls with a screw on cap.

Can anyone direct me to something that will fill the order? He said he wants "silver" hardware. Chrome or platinum would fit the request.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

Wow, same here... rollerballs are all I know of. Maybe there is a ballpoint refill that fits a rollerball body, or you can talk your customer into getting a rollerball. Some people don't know the difference, and some don't care.

ADDED: Found one, it is a small pen...
http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code=PKPURSE&Category_Code=MINIP

wayneis

A Cross refill is just a tad too long, I tested it in a Jr. Gent and although you can screw the pen barrel together, it would be better if you looked through some kits and found a spring just a tad shorted than the one there. Another way would be to measure the refill, the Parker would be my choise because its a better quality, and then pick out which ever kit you want with a cap and shorten the bottom barrel accordingly. Doing it this way I would use the spring at the writing end of the refill. It's a pretty easy conversion to do and you would end up with a truly one of a kind pen, at least until some else makes one top match.

Wayne

Fred in NC

No, Mac.... I was referring to: "All I know of are roller balls with a screw on cap." Same here . . .

I have not been to your area for quite some time!

daledut

I had a commision job on 3 Gentleman's pens and used a Waterman ballpoint refill in them. You may have to experiment a little and/or make a small adapter plug, but I think you could come up with something.

Tom Stephens

I made a part to convert rollerballs to ballpoints.
It is not destructive and can be made back into a rollerball if desired.
It seems to work with all the rollerballs I have tried.
I do not have any rollerballs from Berea.
I posted an article on penturners group at Yahoo on how to do this.
This allows me to offer customers a rollerball, a ballpoint, a gel rollerball or a fountain pen. This done by changing parts and may be done after assembly.
Tom [:)]

wayneis

Tom if it's the CSUSA kits that you are working with then they take the same rollerball refill as does the Berea rollerballs. I havn't been to Yahoo yet this afternoon but will be sure to look for your post when I do in a little while. Thanks for the information.

Wayne

Rick Prevett

Thanks for the idea, Tom. That is indeed a quick and handy,dandy way to convert these rollerballs. For us lefties, you've just increased our available styles by a whole bunch!!!
rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom