Bad Shop Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darkshier

12265 s Strang Line Rd Apt 515 Olathe Ks 66062
Had one of those days I just shouldn't have set foot in the shop today. :frown: Set up to do a click pen and realized I didn't have bushings for it. Then I started setting up a segmented pen and ruined it. So I decided I want something to show for my day at the shop and turned a .30 bullet pen. Everything went well, caliper measurements were spot on.... I have no idea how this happened. :frown:

Attachments

• WP_20140608_010.jpg
    WP_20140608_010.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 267
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joe004

I've had days where I destroyed evrything I touched and nothing at the end of the day so dont feel alone! I'm very new to pen turning but I have seen this on my own pens when I press them just a little crooked, I think bends the tube egg shape. I've started using a bar clamp as a press and not had anymore problems.

Acelectric

There is no such thing as a bad day in the shop. That being said, all you can do is take it back apart and do it again. Some days everything works and somedays it doesn't.

sbell111

When things start to go bad, remember to concentrate in the basics. Think through each step of the process before you start it, no matter how simple the step is.

jsun-1

Maybe the democrats sabotaged him, they dont like 30cals. But I do! 300BLK all the way running quietly through my can!

Top Bottom