Back turning after being robbed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smokey7385

A year ago in September we sold our house with the intent to downsize. We were going to take our time and get exactly what we wanted, or as close to it as possible so we put all of our household stuff in storage. Over the New Year's weekend the storage unit I had all of my woodturning and woodworking stuff in was broken into and much of my stuff was stolen. The big stuff like my lathe, table saw, planner, anything really heavy, was not touched, but they took my workbench which had all of my pen turning stuff, all my mandrels, my finishing, sanding, measuring and pen kits in. A few weeks after the robbery, the police contacted me to identify what they thought might be my stuff. Much of my stuff was recovered, and much was not. I was told that I would be getting my stuff back in a couple weeks. Yeah, right!!! A couple weeks ago, eight months after being robbed, I finally got what was left of my stuff back. I am now slowly getting my "turning legs" back under me. I turned a handle for my knock-out bar last night but since it has been so long since I've turned I really struggled with even that simple item. I'll eventually get back in the swing of it and I'm happy just to get back some of the stuff that was taken. I have a list of still missing items that total over $1,200 to submit to the insurance company and I'm thankful that I purchased the extra insurance when I rented the storage unit.

Just happy to be back.

Smokey7385

Yeah, I was lucky. I think the thieves over did it. They broke into something like 22 units at where I rented and did the same in at least two other towns it is speculated. The warehouse that the police used to hold the stuff was at least 100 X 100 and was completly full.

Top Bottom