"B" bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sgimbel

Is there any way to use "B" bushings on an "A" mandrel or should I just turn between centers (new to me). Looking at doing a Majestic.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've never seen a PSI kit that uses B bushings!!

But, if you have them, and they fit, they should work between centers.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have just gotten some B mandrels, not on the site yet, they were delivered today.

But "between centers" ought to work, too!

PenMan1

If you have a Beall type collet chuck, you can use just the replacement "b" mandrel shaft (about $10) in the collet chuck or a Jacobs Chuck.

The regular Cambridge bushings don't much like TBC without modification. DAMHIKT:)

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I HAVE tried to get "A" Bushings for all our kits. Trouble is some of the new kits come out with only "B" available.

So, we are going to have VERY AFFORDABLE "B" mandrels.

Andy's solution with the Beall collet is a great answer, if you already own that collet chuck!!!
(Actually, based on that, we will also offer just the "B" rod, for EXCEPTIONALLY affordable!!)

Last edited:

PenMan1

I HAVE tried to get "A" Bushings for all our kits. Trouble is some of the new kits come out with only "B" available.

So, we are going to have VERY AFFORDABLE "B" mandrels.

Andy's solution with the Beall collet is a great answer, if you already own that collet chuck!!!

Ed, I have "done dilligence" looking for "A" bushings for the Cambridge. Me thinks they are unicorns. After years of looking, I've never seen them.

PR_Princess

Ed, I have "done dilligence" looking for "A" bushings for the Cambridge. Me thinks they are unicorns. After years of looking, I've never seen them.

$3.99 at Walmart!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 30146_106109649435008_100001079205259_48518_3830799_n.jpg
    30146_106109649435008_100001079205259_48518_3830799_n.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

PenMan1

Thanks, Richard! I'll order a set of those. I have a set of Cambridge bushings from Woodcraft (Berea). While mine look the same they fit the larger "b" mandrel. Nice find!!!!

Dawn, I perfer to ride my unicorns, not eat 'em. I bet they taste like horse:)

EDIT:
I just read the Woodcraft customer review of these bushimgs and apparently theses bushings didn't fit the cap tube. I guess I'll just stay with a "b" mandrel.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Scared me, Andy!!! The WoodCraft bushings do fit the Cambridge, I just checked.

The reviewer may have purchased some "look alike" kits that were being sold (from Australia) and did not have bushings available. Later, it was said that the cap was a slightly different size than the Cambridge.

Yet another case where it would be nice if everyone used their own name for components, allowing Berea components to be readily identifiable.

WoodCraft buys from Berea, so it would make sense their "A mandrel" bushings would fit Berea tubes.

PenMan1

Scared me, Andy!!! The WoodCraft bushings do fit the Cambridge, I just checked.

The reviewer may have purchased some "look alike" kits that were being sold (from Australia) and did not have bushings available. Later, it was said that the cap was a slightly different size than the Cambridge.

Yet another case where it would be nice if everyone used their own name for components, allowing Berea components to be readily identifiable.

WoodCraft buys from Berea, so it would make sense their "A mandrel" bushings would fit Berea tubes.

TELL ME ABOUT USING DIFFERENT NAMES! I'm almost afraid to buy Elegent Beauty! Depending on where you buy it, EB can be many different things!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And each of the companies involved say they had the name first. We identify the Dayacom version as the Aero, Elegant Beauty, and the Berea version as the sierra-elegant beauty.

We have given thought to including the actual dimensions of the tubes--do you think that would help??

Top Bottom