Avocado seeds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SamThePenMan

I've been thinking of different materials to make pens out of. Thought of trying avocado seeds. I have one that has dried out for several months or more now and it seems pretty hard. After the brown outer shell falls off the seed its self on the inside is black, don't know yet what it'll look like when its turned. It has a crack down the middle of it so I'll only be able to use it as accent pieces/segments. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever tried it before.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Give it a try and report back to us. If it doesn't work out then try again and maybe you can find a way to season and turn the seeds. Others may have tried and failed and you may be the one to tackle the making of pens from avocado seeds. Best of luck.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
haI've been thinking of different materials to make pens out of. Thought of trying avocado seeds. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever tried it before.

marcruby

Every time I think I've heard the last strange pen material someone comes along with something else. More power to you. I definitely want to see the results!

redfishsc

I dried out a seed once but it disappeared on me. I was going to just glue it to a dowel and turn the outer part to see what it looked like.

Hopefully you can pick up where I lost!

leehljp

Member Liaison
I dried out a seed once but it disappeared on me. I was going to just glue it to a dowel and turn the outer part to see what it looked like.
Hopefully you can pick up where I lost!

Matt,

Mustard seed don't count. . . But then maybe it does. :biggrin: Hey, you could make some cast pens filled with mustard seed and sell them at the seminary. Just don't sell them in the church! :biggrin:

Avocado seed. Good idea, if it will work. I have a bunch of tagua nuts from which I have used a few to create ivory center bands.

Last edited:
Top Bottom