automotive pen?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Danspen

Anyone out here try an automotive style pen. i have a co-worker that wants pen out of a auto part. He doesn't seem to care much what part as long that you can tell what it is. Any ideas or links to people who have done this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alejanders

If you need automotive pen:
Use cigar lighter (or another small handle with sign) as cap.
Take click pen kit, wrap upper barrel with leather and tell him that it is handbrake handle.

If you need pen made from car parts:
Tread part.
Any plastic parts (maybe you will need to glue several parts together)

If you need just theme pen:
Carbon blank.
Vertex pen kit from PSI.

snyiper

Door lock into a pen....There is enough solonoids and stuff in a car to fashion a pen. Just go to a local junk yard and look around youll be amazed....Try glueing tire tread together so the tread will show, the steel belts will look like segmenting. Shifter knobs, cigerette lighter or even a bunch of dash knobs glued up and turned. Use a long Quadrajet fuel filter and cast or stabilize with CA.

Sylvanite

I once had a commission from a woman who wanted a pen to match her husband's S2000. I bought some Honda "New Formula Red" touch-up paint and painted the tubes of a cigar pen. Then I wrapped a piece of black nylon taffeta around the top half of the upper barrel and cast them in clear PR. That way, the finished pen was a perfect match for the color of his car and the convertable top. I didn't have the laser engraver back then, or I'd have etched his VIN onto the pen as well.

She told me he didn't recognize the theme at first, but when she held the pen next to his car, he fell in love with it.

Regards,
Eric

Danspen

Thanks for the ideas. Believe it or not speaking to the guy that wants this pen the tire gauge kept coming up. We work with cars but mostly deal with tires. Thank you guys again.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Door lock into a pen....There is enough solonoids and stuff in a car to fashion a pen. Just go to a local junk yard and look around youll be amazed....Try glueing tire tread together so the tread will show, the steel belts will look like segmenting. Shifter knobs, cigerette lighter or even a bunch of dash knobs glued up and turned. Use a long Quadrajet fuel filter and cast or stabilize with CA.

This is funny. I just got finished casting several of the Quadrajunk fuel filters. Note to self, don't attempt with an old filter:eek:.

Last edited:

reddwil

I made a cigar a while back using decals from model car kits that had the performance logos, like Hooker, Cherry Bomb, Accel, holley etc. No car parts but made a real cool looking hot rod pen. Saw a pen on another forum where the guy used the orange flame lazerlines kit with the decals, looked pretty good.

Top Bottom