Aughhh!! I need a Churchill final button!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

OK, note to self.. DO NOT</u> use the final button to press a Churchill togather like a European.

Does anyone have that black button the cap clip is held on with to spare??!! I need it by like Wensday and I just caved the top in when I pressed the cap togather. I have never had a pen that it was a problem on before, but this one is super thin metal and it crushed it! This pen was getting delivered on Wensday and I do not have another kit. Maybe someone made a closed end pen??

I left Ernie a message, but I was hoping someone had once they don't need..

BTW, here is the finished, although damaged, pen. I LOVE the feel of this pen in hand, the nib holder is designed the way a FP should be. I just kinda wish the nibs matched the sterling silver trim. I am not a huge fan of the gold nib on the silver kit.

Yea, I know the photo stinks. I have to buy a pop up photo booth someday.

1215062.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Sorry, can't help you, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done this!
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19039

Cheers,
Draken

jeffj13

Lee,

I don't have any spares, but I have a kit that I don't need before Christmas. I'll shoot you an e-mail with my phone number and we can discuss how to get it to you.

Funny, I have made several Churchills and have left the finial on when I pressed it in. Never had a problem. I may have to rethink my method.

jeff

Firefyter-emt

Jeff, thanks a million for the help. [:D]

You can's see the damage in the photo. The rounded cap has a concave indent on the very top that is about 5mm to 7mm wide. Kinda like a divot. The odd thing is that the cap bushing pressed in easy, almost a little too easy and I wish I had added a dab of CA to it.

I have no idea why this pen is so hard to take a photo of, but after like a dozen photos, this is the best I can get. You can at least see the dent in this photo.

1216061.jpg

Firefyter-emt

Mick, right now Jeff mailed me one out Saturday. I still have to replace his, but I am hoping that Ernie at Beartooth woods will call me back soon. I am not sure if he does not answer his messages on the weekend or not, but I hope to find out Monday. If he can't send me a spare I could very well use it so I don't have to buy a kit to part out to replace Jeff's. I am pretty sure the Earnie will be able to replace it though.

Thanks a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom