Atrax Rollerball/FP Trim Rings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have noticed more than once, in fact every time, that the trim rings that fit onto the lower barrel are not the same diameter, but the Berea bushings for the lower barrel are the same diameter. One trim ring is a few hundredths of an inch larger that the other. This is important because the trim rings are designed to meet/contact the finished lower barrel.

I called Berea to see if it was just me, my kits, my imagination, etc. and the gal (who was very nice BTW), first told me that the bushings and the trims are the same size, but was willing to check. I obviously couldn't see her, but she measured what I measure almost to the thousandths of an inch - one trim ring is larger than the other. Anyway, I told her that I have been adjusting for that and she thanked me for bringing it to her attention. She did add that no one has ever complained.

So just in case you have the same experience as me, I thought I would inform you of what I discovered. You can check this yourself by simply measuring the diameter of your trim rings.

I hope this helps someone.

Top Bottom