Atrax Roller Blind End Cap Part

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Hi Folks:

Before returning this part back to the supplier for a replacement, does anyone know how to unthread the stop ring from the male cap thread?

It came right out of the plastic bag this way. I tried several thin lubricants.

Thanks for any advice.

PS. I meant blind end coupler

Attachments

• Blind End Coupler Atrax RB.jpg
    Blind End Coupler Atrax RB.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 281
  • Blind End Coupler Atrax RB Actual.jpg
    Blind End Coupler Atrax RB Actual.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 265
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Isn't it pushed on and not threaded??

I see in your second photo what you maybe talking about. Is it cross threaded? May just take some brute strength. Wrap some cloth around both pieces and use some pliers. I have small channel lock pliers I like for things like that.

If you want put it in the freezer over nite and try in the morning.

Last edited:

TonyL

I don't know how it can get crossed threaded sitting in original bag. I also don't know if it is pushed on. Instructions don't say and I never made this kit. Tried the brute strength thing with rubber drawer liner. Thank you.

magpens

Here's the relevant part of the instructions

4. Assemble the stop ring onto the nib coupler.

5. Press the coupler and stop ring into the larger end of the barrel blank.
6. Press the blind end coupler into the other end of the barrel blank.
7. Screw the end cap into place.

There is no stop ring mentioned for the top end of the lower barrel. . I therefore infer there is none. . The one stop ring is not threaded.

I have one of the Atrax RB chrome kits in front of me. There is only one stop ring, which is intended for the nib end. I just tried, and it would be possible to jam that ring onto the threaded end of the blind end coupler.

Could that be what has happened in your case ? . Did your kit mistakenly come with two stop rings ?

However, from your second picture it looks like you have a ring jammed crooked over the end cap, but the stop ring is too small for that !

So I am very puzzled. Maybe a ring from another kit somehow got into your bag ?

Last edited:

jttheclockman

I don't know how it can get crossed threaded sitting in original bag. I also don't know if it is pushed on. Instructions don't say and I never made this kit. Tried the brute strength thing with rubber drawer liner. Thank you.

Tony I do not have the Atrax but have the Triton which is basically the same kit. What is stuck on what. Not sure what we are looking at in that second photo. What is that top piece??? There are 2 stop rings. To me it looks like the 2 couplers are stuck together. They are the same size so that is not possible. It could be a part from another kit got mixed in. It is not the center ring and not the finial. Do you have 2 couplers???

http://www.bereahardwoods.com/pdf/Atrax RB and FP.pdf

Last edited:

TonyL

Thank you. The stop ring that should screw on to the nib coupler has been threaded (or became threaded in the bag) on to the blind end coupler. Therefore, I have two issues:
1. No stop ring for the nip coupler
2. A stop ring partially threaded on to the blind end coupler (that is what I am holding in the picture).

I am going to try putting in the freezer.

Thanks folks!

Charlie_W

Tony,
Perhaps someone already had this kit and goofed it up, sent it back and it got put back on the shelf...now your problem. I would just call the supplier if the freezer trick does not work.

Good Luck!

jttheclockman

OK Tony I see it now. Thanks for the explanation.

I have a feeling Charlie maybe right and this is a case of someone elses problem that got passed on. Those stop rings are not threaded and are always slip fit. They do not come in the same bag as the couplers. The couplers come in their own bag to prevent this. At least that is the way the Triton kit comes. That ring has become self threaded then (highly unlikely:)) onto the nib coupler. I think what happened is someone tried putting the stop ring on the coupler on the wrong side. Could not get it back off and thus returned it. I can not believe this happened on the assembly line. This now slipped past QC and you are now the proud owner. This may have damaged the threads also so if you get it apart check that too.

If you have another kit take a look at how things are packaged. Good luck but i think it is a return item.

Top Bottom