atrax postable

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

preacherman

Are you just trying to make an atrax portable? If so exotic blanks carries the postable finial. They advertise it as modification for atrax and replacement part for a triton. So if you have those parts I would think they would work. Sorry can't post a link from my phone.

dogrunner

I read somewhere on here know I cant find it you had to change the the spring or use a triton tube to get the postable kit to work

jondavidj

It should use the same tube. You can buy the springs and the bottom at exoticblanks. I have a couple. I bought extra springs from exotics....

toddlajoie

I believe the tube is irrelevant, and all you really need is the finial. Amazingly, out of the (literally, I just counted) 42 pens on my desk, I don't have an Atrax with me, but I just compared the Triton I have to the Jrs (Gent & Retro) pens and the assembled Triton body is significantly shorter than the others. It is significantly shorter than even the Baron/Navigators. Both the post and the nib assemblies are a bit longer on the Triton, but the difference in the tube lengths is greater than the difference in the hardware.

If you are only replacing the non-postable Atrax part with the post from the Triton (or Jr. Series, as that would work also) I would think the difference in the size between the two should easily be handled by the stock spring that came with either post end, but either stretching it out a bit or getting the longer springs that Exotics sells wouldn't be a bad thing...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe the tube is irrelevant, and all you really need is the finial. Amazingly, out of the (literally, I just counted) 42 pens on my desk, I don't have an Atrax with me, but I just compared the Triton I have to the Jrs (Gent & Retro) pens and the assembled Triton body is significantly shorter than the others. It is significantly shorter than even the Baron/Navigators. Both the post and the nib assemblies are a bit longer on the Triton, but the difference in the tube lengths is greater than the difference in the hardware.

If you are only replacing the non-postable Atrax part with the post from the Triton (or Jr. Series, as that would work also) I would think the difference in the size between the two should easily be handled by the stock spring that came with either post end, but either stretching it out a bit or getting the longer springs that Exotics sells wouldn't be a bad thing...

I doubt it. The threads in the cap have to mesh with the threads on the finial. I would be most surprised to find CSUSA using threads that match Berea.

toddlajoie

I doubt it. The threads in the cap have to mesh with the threads on the finial. I would be most surprised to find CSUSA using threads that match Berea.[/quote]

I just tried, Atrax cap will not post on Jr II series.

Ahhh!!!! I didn't try actually posting it, and forgot all about threads needing to match (this explains why I'm in a visual field and not a mechanical one...):eek:

Top Bottom