Atrax postable?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Atrax rollerball / fountain makers: do you generally keep the stock non- postable or purchase the postable option? I see tha exotic blanks sells them.

I think I would like the postable a little bit better but don't necessarily want to spend the extra money if most people don't really care about the cap being postable.

Even with that additional purchase it would be a good value on the kit, but as it is it is a great value in my estimation!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

IMO, i like the non postable. No reason in particular. But i dont write with one long enough to put the cap on, on the other hand, im not the customer buying it, so you could offer it as an option for those who do.

Last edited:

PenMan1

I did make both the postable and non-postable Atrax. In my market, the postable version out sells the non-postable version about 10 to 1. I no longer make the non-postable version, but (thanks to research from Alphageek) I have found that the Trition ends I used before the postable version arrived are SO CLOSE in size to the postable that I can actually change a postable to a non "on the fly".

So... I guess I'm saying that this one instance where "you can have your cake and eat it too". Just takes a bit of planning.

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

The non postable can't easily to switched to postable after the fact though, right? I have a couple of pens in process and I'm thinking about holding off assembly until I can get some postable ends.

jmbaker79

You can switch them out whenever with a decent punch set. I have yet to go with the postable atrax, and I use quite a few of these kits. The atrax has a nice weight to it, and I can't imagine another weight on the back end. May give it a try eventually, JMO

alphageek

Former Moderator
The non postable can't easily to switched to postable after the fact though, right? I have a couple of pens in process and I'm thinking about holding off assembly until I can get some postable ends.

Read through my linked post and the followups for full details, but if you are making a fountain pen, YES - you can swap them after. Rollerball will have length issues to deal with but fountain pens could be swapped out pretty easily.

PenMan1

FWIW:
The bottom tube for a Triton works very nicely for the Atrax rollerball. If you DON'T keep hundreds of extra tubes in the shop, Ace Hardware (or actually any store that carries Sharon Hardware) keeps a PERFECT spring (longer) for Atrax rollers. Next time I'm at Ace, I'll jot down the UPC Code for that spring.

alphageek

Former Moderator
FWIW:
The bottom tube for a Triton works very nicely for the Atrax rollerball. If you DON'T keep hundreds of extra tubes in the shop, Ace Hardware (or actually any store that carries Sharon Hardware) keeps a PERFECT spring (longer) for Atrax rollers. Next time I'm at Ace, I'll jot down the UPC Code for that spring.

Sounds like a great solution to the length issue - makes perfect sense.

Top Bottom