Atrax Ballpoint Pen bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I just placed an order from exotics that included a couple of the new Atrax Ballpoint pens. They happen to be out of the bushings and I don't want to only order bushings from Berea and pay shipping.

Would anyone happen to know the dimensions of these bushings? I can turn some from other material.

Thanks for any help. I think they are bushings 31a from berea.

Thanks.

Ron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

butchf18a

live in WA, still own my DawgPound seats, where do you live in OH? why not just stop in and see them?

Phil Dawson wears #4 but is #1, just remember it's a rebuilding year.

brownsfn2

I am in Columbus. The drive is 2 and a half hours. I would love to have the time to drive up.

Phil Dawson is #1. LOL @ rebuilding year. Isnt it always?

SDB777

You should be able to just micrometer the center band, final(on the clip), and then the nib to get the dimensions you need....doing that will be more accurate anyway, as most bushing aren't the same size as the hardware.

Just don't forget to leave a tiny bit for sanding and such.....

Scott (I'm not wanting to go to work today) B

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
31A is not exactly the same as the triton---3 are the same, the fourth is "different".

The Atrix does not slope on the "barrel"---both bushings are the same (I believe they are the smaller one from the triton--but check!!)

So, if you have two sets of tritons, you can make a set of Atrix ballpoint.

We do have 31A sets in stock now, send me an address and I will put a set in an envelope for you.

brownsfn2

Order has not shipped yet Ed since I just ordered last night. I sent you a PM with the order number and my address. Let me know what I owe you and where to send the payment. Thanks!

reddwil

Ed, Just to be sure I i'm correct, The ballpoint are the the same size bushings on the barrel but on the roller ball, they are different sizes and use the Jr Gent II bushings??

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed, Just to be sure I i'm correct, The ballpoint are the the same size bushings on the barrel but on the roller ball, they are different sizes and use the Jr Gent II bushings??

The Atrax RB and FTN use the 30A (Triton), which is the same as the Jr. Gent RB and FTN.

The Atrax Ballpoint use the 31A (Triton BP), which is NOT the same as the Jr. Gent.

While there is overlap, I would NEVER suggest you separate out each bushing you need, when you need it. I ruined enough pens to know that even when you store bushings in SETS, you will, occasionally put them in the wrong order or assemble the pen incorrectly.

Bushings are a very inexpensive convenience----especially when you find a full set that are perfectly centered and make completely ROUND pens!!!

Gold plate them and use them carefully!!! (Well, ok, that IS an exaggeration)

Hope this helps,
Ed

Top Bottom