Atlas Pencils.... yes it can be done

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I was playing with an Atlas from AZ and wanted to see what I could do to turn it into a pencil... PSI is the only one making that style in a pencil and in limited plating, unlike the Atlas..
Well I figured it out..
Sent the directions to Bill B and he played with it and decided it was a workable system... he put the directions on his website under the instructions area. Here is the link
http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Pen_Kit_Instructions.htm

Now you can make an Atlas pencil and all you need is the $3.00 Schmidt pencil mechanism that you can buy for the Perfect Fit Convertable... BUT REMEMBER, the dimensions are critical.. I always use a caliper when doing this and sneak up on the dimension and keep trial fitting until it works.. but it can be done and gives you the option of making a pen and pencil kit... BTW, I use the same dimension for making the pen...
Have fun with it.. Here is a picture of one
2005318173715_Atlas.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Yeah Bill, but think of the money you will recoup when you can sell Atlas pen/pencil sets... they are a great seller to school kids because of the size... I do some in the local HS colors and they sell well at my craft booth... Give a pair to the principal of your kid's school and see what happens

Deere41h

Tom...What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing it with us. Nice to have you back. I have always enjoyed your ideas. That's a great looking pencil. What wood did you use?

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
John that wood is curly redwood... a little tricky to turn but it finishes real nice... I just got a load of it professionally stablilized.. will try to get some turned this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom