Assistance with lazer inlay.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GColeman

I am attempting to make a pen and pencil kit using lazer inlay kits. I am using Sierra button click hardware. The pen is complete but I am at a loss on what to do with the pencil.

The tube on the pen fits the length of the blank with a band at the top and bottom like the first photo below. The tube length for the pen is 2.42" and the inlay 2".

I intended to use the same inlay for the pencil. However, the tube for the pencil is only 1.76". I talked to Constant and he suggested the long stem rose as it was a bit smaller. The inlay is 1.75" and the tube is 1.76". Do you all have any ideas to get a matching band at the top and bottom?

Attachments

• rose.jpg
    rose.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Longstem Rose.jpg
    Longstem Rose.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 129
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I would cut the bottom of the stem off and just go with a small band of the excess material from the backround blank.You may or may not be able to tell.

Andrew_K99

How involved do you want to get? You could dismantle the kit and reduce the lower barrel and use a longer tube.

AK

Can I do that with a Sierra button click pencil? I am willing to give it a shot. I have some less expenxive kits I could experiment with.
No idea :eek:. I have never made one nor do I have a kit I can look at, hopefully someone will be able to give you a better answer.

EDIT:
Based on looking at these insturctions, I'd say you can do it as the pencil mechanism uses the tip and end as reference points and the middle of the tube is clear. I'd still see if someone else can confirm this though.

AK

Last edited:
Top Bottom