Assembly Question For The Experts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you turn a Slimline but fatten it up a little, how do you deal with the clip?

Do you bend it to accomodate the fatter pen? Do you just press the fittings on and it bends on it's own? Do you press it together and then bend it a little to make the clip have less pressure so it is usable?

YoYoSpin

Mac,

That's a great question...I’ve never tried to bend the Slimline's clip to accommodate a fat-bodied pen, and would probably make it into a pretzel if I did. However, note that there are three different "Slimline" clip shapes:

The stock-standard "24k" version is the least forgiving and has the smallest gap area:
pen7b.jpg

The "Titanium Nitride" (TN) kit's clip has the largest gap and is the most forgiving:
pen66a.jpg

The third clip configuration can be found in the "Black Enamel" and the "Satin" Slimline kits...it’s kinda in the middle, gap-wise:
pen65a.jpg

timdaleiden

I have tweaked clips before. If you go too far it will appear awkward. As Ed explained, your best bet is to go with a different style of clip. The ball end one (even in 24 kt)will give you a bit more room to play around. The theme type clips are very limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom