Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

Here are the assembly instructions:
http://www2.woodcraft.com/PDF/77C05.pdf

I am stuck on second page, upper barrel assembly where it says

"Upper Barrel (cap):
Slide the Black Trim Ring (J) onto the Center Ring (I), followed
by the Gold Trim Ring (K). Slide the smaller diameter of the Cap
Thread Tube (L) into the Center Ring/Trim Rings.
Press this
assembly into one end of the shorter tube. Slide the Top Finial (O)
through the Clip (N) and press this assembly into the other end of
the cap tube."

My problem is what is in bold. If I do that. then I can't screw the cap on. On part L the threads are in the narrow end, the end you slide into the trim ring. When you do that the unthreaded end is sticking out and it is too small to go over the threads. Has anyone assembled one of these kits? Did I get the wrong part?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbledsoe

OK - I'll try.
When you press (L) into (I), that puts the threads on the inside of the center ring. It will press in all the way to the end, which will then let it screw onto the lower barrel. The gold and black rings just sit on the outside of (I), and then the whole assembly (black threaded part and gold ring) presses into the end of the cap barrel.

The unthreaded end you mentioned ends up inside the cap tube.
Hope that helps.

jmbaker79

The trim rings slide on I, and then the black threaded end L is push fit into I. That entire assembly slides into your cap tube... May want to epoxy it if it is loose...

Edit: Sorry bledsoe, I got distracted and it took a long time to write that sentence :)

Last edited:

crokett

Thanks dbledsoe, I figured out what I did wrong... I put the trim ring into the tube first.

Are you related to a certain Pats (Boooo!)/Bills (Yay!) former quarterback? :biggrin:

Top Bottom