Assembly on lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I seem to remember seeing something about using the lathe to press things together during assembly. I can't remember where I saw it and exactly what it talked about. I tend to think it was a tool (or Jig) that could be mounted on the lathe such that the press fitting could be done with the tail stock wheel. If any one could point me in the right direction I'd be forever in their debt.

I did look at the library index and if it's there it didn't jump off the page at me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

I saw that on a video the other night. It was a little tool you put into the head stock and one for the tail stock and the tools had a hard plastic cap like thing that was on them so he pressed the pens together with that, thus eliminating the use of a pen press. It was very interesting. Note he did not turn on the lathe to do this, Just used the tail stock to press the pens together with just as if it was a pen press. It was a neat vid. I'm sorry I don't recall who's video it was, but it was on pen making. Fay

New Bill

My method on the lathe. Block of pen blank in the chuck. Drilled a piece of stabilized holly to fit over the transfer punch. Very cheap and works great for me.

409893444.jpg
[/IMG]

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
My method on the lathe. Block of pen blank in the chuck. Drilled a piece of stabilized holly to fit over the transfer punch. Very cheap and works great for me.

409893444.jpg
[/IMG]
Yea I know I can do that I even have a plastic piece already drilled....but I can't sell them.

Top Bottom