Assembly instrtions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gallianp

I have intentionally not named the pen kit (components)!

The instructions have a very good photo of the parts with labels.

The first step of instructions says

1. Assemble the nib assembly, Slide the black decorative ring onto the nib adapter.

There is not a part labeled "nib adapter" -- leaving a person to guess that the part labeled "nib" is the adapter in question.

This is frustrating for newbies...

Yes the thread title should read "instructions"

Okay flame away..
Paul

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dgerwin11

That confused me also. But I figured out that the kit in question came with the nib and nib adapter already assembled. I think I have run into this on a couple of different styles.

nativewooder

I also ran into that situation! You know what I did? I called the guy I bought the kit from and complained about the confusing instructions. He said he wasn't aware of the problem but that he would make a phone call and get back to me right away. I'm happy!:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
At one time, all the parts came separately and we had to assemble.

When you see things pre-assembled now, it probably was as a result of a problem with that component. For example, the little black piece on the Cigar kit nib would not FIT on some of the kits, years ago. Since then, the kits I have made all have that section pre-assembled.

Re-writing instructions doesn't seem to happen, often.

Thanks for the comment though, it reminds me I have one to re-write that I had forgotten.

Ed

Carl Fisher

I've had several kits where pieces were screwed to each other, even ones that go in opposite ends of the pen (postable caps usually) and it's not clear how to divide out the parts.

Usually if you do a dry fit on the bench outside of the pen body, you can piece the order together then press.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Yep

I know on all of my kits the nib (tip) is pre assembled if it requires assembly. Most of the instructions were written before that change came about and never changed. I think the feeling is, that you should be able to figure it out (to date I've never had to call) and if you can't you just call and ask.

I just sent out a bunch of kits on trade, that there is no pre-assembly. I warned all the takers on the trade but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not true

Since when did men start reading instructions? This is a very sad day in the Man Cave!
That's funny. LOL. They do not like to listen to their GPS either.
That is not true - my GPS has a very sweet sounding young woman's voice giving me instructions that I promptly ignore - but I do listen.

Top Bottom