Assembling laser kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rolland

One of the problems I have had when assembling the laser kits is holding the tiny pieces and making sure they are set deep enough. Using the brass tube I have managed to get them stuck when adding a tiny bit of CA to hold them in.
I think I have solved the problem by turning a piece of delrin rod to the inside diameter of the blank, making it a push fit, since the id of the wood blank is a little larger than the brass tube any glue that migrates in will still allow the tube to fit. CA will not bond with the delrin so a light twist with pliers will loosen it just need to be sure to clean off any glue that adheres so the next application will not bond. This idea came about when I started assembling a butterfly kit from Kallenshaan Laser Inlay Kits there are many many tiny pieces.

carlmorrell

I recently made a lot of laser kits. I was having problems the the tiny parts slipping to low into the background part. My solution was to wrap the brass tube in wax paper, then insert into the background. After gluing in the little pieces, I removed the tube. Then removed the wax paper. Then glued the tube in.

Not to say this is what you should do, buit was 100% successful for me.

YMMV.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom