Asian Rosewood prices?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

Hello all, was wondering if $7 a BF is to much for Asian Rosewood? There is a person that wants $40 for roughly 17 square foot box of Asian Rosewood, 3/4" X 3.6" X random lenths, solid flooring and I don't know if it's a good deal. Is this stuff good for making pen blanks??

Thanks

Edit - Thanks to JWoodright for passing math in school were as I did not,,,,the price for the flooring I can get is approx $2.35 bf not the $7 I calculated. Thanks again John.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

You want to be sure that it is full thickness 3/4 inch, most flooring has grooves cut into the bottom to allow air circulation under the finished floor, so just because it's 3/4 inch flooring don't assume you can cut it into 3/4x3/4 blanks.

James

RMB

Not knowing how asian rosewood compares to the rosewood I have worked with,... I would say heck yeah thats a good price for just about any kind of wood! It's a pretty good price if you can get oak for $2.35! I figure thats less than .10cents a blank. I'd snap that up quick.

Depending on how widely the groves are spaced you could probably cut it so they're on the edge of your blank and get the full 3/4 thickness.

Congrats on the find!

refueler1

Hello RMB

I was able to get one piece out of the box and it looked like the grain had wide then narrow lines. I guess if need be I could always use some of it for pens and the rest for small boxes. The pieces are 3.5" wide by random lengths so that should be good enough to make some other stuff.? They also have a box of Tigerwood flooring that looks really awesome. Guess I could always throw it in the corner and use pass it down to my kids :).

Top Bottom