Artstuf Question...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DozerMite

Banned
The website says they have printed color charts for the fluorescent and luster pigments upon request. I've called them (and was told they would send them right out) and nothing. I e-mailed them and still nothing. Does anyone have these color charts so I can see what the colors are before I purchase any?
Has anyone bought from them? Is this normal practice for them? Are there any alternatives to them?
Thanks for any help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Draken

Not sure how useful the color charts would be. I know with the powdered pigments, they darken when added to PR, much like fabric gets darker when wet. I have no experience with the fluorescent pigments, and the luster pigments seem very similar to the PearlEX powders. You can find a color chart for them at:
http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/pearlex/colors.php
I usually buy these from:
www.djhobby.com
You can usually search for "Pearl EX" and get them, but it seems the search feature is broken when I checked today. So you can find them under : Crafts Art Supplies - JACQUARD and look for entries with "Pearl EX" in the name.

DozerMite

Banned
Draken... I already have all the colors Jacquard has to offer. Thanks though.
I just want to see the colors from Artstuf to make sure they aren't close to what I already have. I don't like to lay out money for something I can't get a visual on. I was hoping with all the casters here, maybe someone has the charts or at least can tell me if it's normal for them to ignore potential customers. I planned a large purchase from them but, if they can't help with a color chart, how are they going to be with an order?
If anyone has an alternate source, I could use the help.
Thanks to all...

Draken

I never received the color chart either. I did end up getting the master set of powdered pigments from them thought (doesn't include fluorescent or luster pigments), so if there is a particular color you are curious about, I'll do my best to describe the color to you. These are the ones that get darker in the PR.

DozerMite

Banned
Draken,

are the pigments you have the pigments posted on their site? I would like to get some of those colors along with the others, but I would like to see them. I don't understand why they don't post them on their site if they don't want to give out the charts.

winpooh498

We buy our dyes and colors from them, and we have a color chart. The color chart is useless in my opinion. I don't think it represents the colors correctly. We have the fluorescents what color are you looking at/for? I have poured all of them and can get some pics. The red is a bright pink, but the other colors seem to be good. They are very transparent, so we add Super Silk to them, which also brightens them up.
Also when you order from them ask for the "tester size" we get all of our powders that way and they are only $2.50 a bottle.
Hope this helps
Dawn

Draken

What I have is a 2 oz sample of just about every color under:
- PIGMENTS, DYES AND OTHER COLORANTS
- POWDERED PIGMENTS
I think they added one or two since I got my set. They no longer offer the master sampler set. If it isn't on the "Powdered Pigments" page, than I don't have it (at least from artstuf.com).

Draken

I was just looking at the fluorescent pigments they show, and it says they don't work in ketone solvents. PR uses MKEP (the K is Ketone) so I'm surprised they work in this application.

DozerMite

Banned
I just read about the fluorecent colors. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm mostly interested in the lusters. Are they irridescent like the pearl-ex? Thanks.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Draken
<br />I was just looking at the fluorescent pigments they show, and it says they don't work in ketone solvents. PR uses MKEP (the K is Ketone) so I'm surprised they work in this application.
The ketone in MEKP has nothing to do with ketone solvents other than a similar name. Its like comparing the toxic gas chlorine with the chlorine in table salt. MEK the solvent and MEKP the catalyst are very different chemicals.

Draken

I stand corrected, thanks for setting me straight Bruce. [:)]

Yes, the lusters are iridescent like the PearlEX powders, based on the sample they threw in with the master set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom