artist sketch pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

drittz

Hi,
Does anyone know if where to get a chrome artist sketch pencil besides craft supplies usa?
I had a customer ask me to make one for his daughter for christmas and CSU sent me the blanks, bearings, extra led but the pencil kit is back ordered till after christmas.:(

jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Can't help, other source-wise. But will comment that this must be proving to be a very popular item. Others, including myself, have experience back order problems from CS with this item. I have made several and have a customer waiting for two I'll be turning soon. BTW, I like the item, my personal shop pencil is one, with the hard lead.

samuel07

Here is a link with workshop pencil. very similar product and I think I've seen it other places but can't remember where.

http://www.woodenpost.com/products/platinum_pens.htm

Scott

I think you can get the same kit at Woodcraft, but I'm not sure you can get it in chrome. I might have a spare one I could send you - I'd have to look to be sure.

Scott.

drittz

Thanks scott i called woodcraft and they do only carry it in gold.
if you do have an extra let me know what you want for it (with shipping) and i will send the money to you via paypal.

jim

kenwc

Jim. I'm out of town right now but I'll be home tomorrow and I'll see if I have one. I know I have two or three but don't know if they're chrome. If I have one I'll get it to you in the mail on Monday. See ya..

mick

Jim, If Scott or Ken hasn't got one I believe I do ....but it'll be Monday before I'm home. I'll keep an eye out and if you still need it by Monday let me know.
Mike

MPoeller

Penn State Industries has a woodworkers pencil that is very similar.

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/pkspcl.html

It does not have the clip like the one at woodturners though.

kenwc

Well Jim I was close. I do have a chrome kit but it has no tube in it. If you still want it let me know and I'll ship it to you as fast as you need it or perhaps go ahead and get one from Mike when he gets back.

Fangar

Originally posted by drittz
<br />Thanks for looking ken, i am going to see if i get lucky and mike has one, if not thought i will take it and see if CS has extra tubes for it.

jim

Drittz,

Also in a pinch, the Upgrade gold that Woodcraft sells will buff right off. You will not be able to tell the difference.

Cheers,

Fangar

drittz

Thanks for all the tips, since i already have the bushings and led for the artist sketch style i am going to go with one of them. Thats a scary bit of info on the upgraded gold finish buffing right off[:0] time to stick to the better finishes. Does the black chrome hold up or is it a weak finish also?

drittz

thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out.
scott got your e-mail and sent you my address. mike i should be all set thanks to scott, but i do appreciate you taking time to look for and extra kit for me.

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom