Artisan Jr. Gentlemen's II pen HELP !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RosezPenZ

Rhodium postable version finished first 2, then oh oh... Uhm the gold ring where the cap post to the nib is loose and moving around, much like a nervous person twirls a ring around their finger. Only doing it on one pen. This is (was) a big sale for me. Help, what do I do?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

reiddog1

That's pretty common with those style pens, try a little locktite inside the brass tubes when assembling. Works great for me. Hope this helps.

RosezPenZ

Commercial pen press from Rockler I think. I've tried to press it tighter. When I first tried it I was able to press it in with my thumb. So I screwed in the tip and pulled it back out. Then applied a little CA to the inside of brass and pressed it together. That's when I noticed the ring was loose. I'm to deliver tomorrow. Is it ok?

ren-lathe

Commercial pen press from Rockler I think. I've tried to press it tighter. When I first tried it I was able to press it in with my thumb. So I screwed in the tip and pulled it back out. Then applied a little CA to the inside of brass and pressed it together. That's when I noticed the ring was loose. I'm to deliver tomorrow. Is it ok?

The draw back to the CA fix is you have to press it together before the glue sets, & make sure you seat it fully since you will not have a second chance. I have one of the commercial presses. I was not satisfied with it. I have some issues with my right hand and marginal strength at times. I have an arbor press. Put padding on it and I press gently. As for if it is ok that you have to answer for your self. It is your product you are putting out and your customer that will talk about quality etc.

RosezPenZ

Thanks guys, I was afraid of that answer ren-lathe. The pens were made with the orange flame lazer kit and I had the names engraved. I tried something differnet for the fill so it would be more perm. and well i had some leaching of the color. That was actually worse than the ring being loose. The purchaser of these kits are getting them as gifts for her kids and they have several of my pens. They are Harley lovers so I'm hoping they will be so excited they wont be concerned about the loose ring nor the color bleeding.
Now that I'm aware of this issue I will watch for it in the future.
Thanks

ren-lathe

Do not use the quick reply box. use the "add reply" button, on that window box above the area to put in your text u will see a button with a paper clip on it. When you click on it a window will open that will let you browse to where the image is stored on your computer and add it.

ren-lathe

It should not make a difference it works from my android. I do not have an I-phone. when you go to add reply the attachment button is above the text box. it is on the top line after the font selection windows the font color selection and the pull downs for the smilies. before the undo & redo buttons.
If you are still having trouble at the top of the page there is a FAQ pull down under general forum usage there are instructions try that

RosezPenZ

finally

So I took my laptop to work and logged on. the 'add reply' still takes me to the same screen but down in the additional options the 'manage attachements' work, wont from my iphone. So here is a picture of the pens. The only thing I really did not like is after I had them engraved I wanted them filled with black and my 'method' allowed the color to run into the orange. I wish Ken made the kits with real Padauk wood instead of the dyed stuff. No I did not take a picture of the engraving because that is still a surprise and I cant hve any pictures out there that they may see.
Guess its time I make and album so I dont have this problem.:)

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom