Artisan Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Parrott

I am totally disgusted with myself right now. I've spent at least 4 hours on my segmented blank. The blank looks good the kit is an Artisan Clicker. Feeling pretty good about the results and then I notice. I forgot the clip and I'm not happy!

I tried briefly to take the cap/clicker off by removing the nib and inserting a punch. Didn't work and I almost didn't get it back out. I'm thinking the nib coupler needs to be removed first but how is the question. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

medlongpens

use a smaller punch and try to angle it to hit on one side of the click mech. You'll have to rotate as you go but eventually it should come loose.
Sounds reasonable to me. I'll need to fabricate something to hold it into a vice with out damage.

I usually just hold it in my had and put my hand on the edge of my workbench when doing this. Every time I try to hold it with any kind of tool, I end up cracking the blank.

Dale Parrott

I usually just hold it in my had and put my hand on the edge of my workbench when doing this. Every time I try to hold it with any kind of tool, I end up cracking the blank.[/QUOTE]

I knew this was the place for good advise, thank you

NittanyLion

I had this happen a few months ago....ended up destroying the mechanism. I tried the punch at an angle thing, got mad, in a hurry, etc..... Skip rat has a tutorial somewhere on how to do this, just not sure where.

Dale Parrott

Thanks Steve. Maybe some one will know where that info is stored. Here is the pen I was working on. I really don't want to hurt damage the blank.

TheTripleKnot_zps4a1824ab.jpg

ChrisN

I would take the clicker apart before trying to hammer it out. You can unscrew the clicker and remove it and the springs. Then, if you shake/wiggle/poke at the plastic parts enough, they will come out the hole at the other end of the blank. You may need to put a punch or ink cartridge to persuade the pieces to come out. That way, you won't have to be afraid of ruining the click mechanism.

Top Bottom