Arrticle Picture Boo Boo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Jeff has just posted an article I did back in April for a demo I did on making the cartridge pens I make. The picture Jeff posted with the article is a picture of a pen made by Fangar, who gave me permission to use a couple of his pictures to show the use of whole cartridges. Jeff picked the best looking pen for the home page and it happened to be one of Fangar's pens. I've emailed Jeff about this and asked that he replace it with one of my pens. I am not trying to pass off one of Fanger's beauties as mine. My apologies to Fangar. His pens are identifies in the article as his. Thanks for understanding.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Thanks for the disclaimer, without it, you could have started another
copyright Jihad [:D]

I don't know why, buy I could not open your article, I guess I have to
wait to read it at work tomarrow [:)]

Thanks for sharing.

Fangar

You goof balls! [:D]

I offer and share my work with those here to further not only their creativity and enjoyment, but that of my own. Please do not let the Ebay incident cloud your judgement as to my motivations for that thread and the remarks about the Ebay seller.

Don asked me for permission, as have many other members here to use my work. I am always flattered and will always oblige. I have received a couple of emails from folks that are a little unsettling to me. Not beacuse the are rude, or impolite, but because now people might feel guarded and overthink my intentions of that post. I can understand why, but ask that it be understood that was not my intent.

One thing it has proven is that Ebay is the big company we all believe them to be. No resolution, and they finally told me that I have no way to prove that I am the legal owner of the photos unless I join some progam that requires the faxing of all of my personal information to Australia. What the !#$%^?

LOL... Skilled craftsman like we have here understand the importance and have the presence of mind to give credit where do. They know they are proud of their work and offer the courtesy of this praise towards the respected work of others.

Lastly Don, you asked me for permission for the photos used and it was given. I saw the original article and was flattered with the way the credit was given. I told you then and remind you now that you are to use those photos however you see fit! [:)]

I surely appreciate the concern.

Cheers,

Fangar

its_virgil

Thanks Fangar. You and I were okay with this. I just didn't want others to think I was trying to pass off your pen as mine. I knew you'd understand. As for the ebay thing, the guy deserved more wrath than he was dealt and ... enough of this. What a great group we have here.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

DocStram

Ummmm .... Fangar? I know a good attorney. He's with a local firm, WatchUs, Cheatem and How. If you'll give them a call I think they can take Don for every pen blank that he has.

Seriously though, Fangar, you and Don have always been helpful in sharing your ideas. As a matter of fact, it was just last week that you went through all that trouble, at my request, of giving us a 360 degree panoramic view of your shop!

Fangar

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Ummmm .... Fangar? I know a good attorney. He's with a local firm, WatchUs, Cheatem and How. If you'll give them a call I think they can take Don for every pen blank that he has.

Seriously though, Fangar, you and Don have always been helpful in sharing your ideas. As a matter of fact, it was just last week that you went through all that trouble, at my request, of giving us a 360 degree panoramic view of your shop!

Dang, I forgot about that, now the guy on ebay is going to sell my shop too! [:D]

Thaks for understanding guys...

As for the attorney... Gulp, my father is one... When I invite him over for dinner, I hose him off outside first. [;)]

Cheers,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom